Monday 28 November 2011

Hola, Filipina! : The Awkward Moments

A: I like talking to you. You talk much.
X: Yeah… I talk a lot.
A: *duh!*

A: Good morning. Can you help me?
Y: Of course I can help you, Ma’am. What can I do for you?
A: I’m afraid I left the key in my room.

A: *sending FB message* I want to go to FullyBooked in Getway.
- few minutes later -
A: *sending another FB message* I've just realized that I do mistake. It's not FullyBooked in Getway, but it's Gateway in Quezon City.

*at Pizza Hut after shopping in SM Mall*
A: We should go to Ali Mall.
Y: Yeah *busy with cellphone*
A: I believe it’s near here.
Y: ……
A: ……
Y: *still busy with cellphone* Oh well, we’re in Ali Mall now!
A: What?
Y: *look at surrounding* Even the trash can has ‘Ali Mall’ on it.

A: blablabla…blablabla… *suddenly quiet* I’m speechless. I’m sorry, I’m speechless. I don’t know what I’m talking about. I’m sorry.

*at Burgoo Restaurant where we can draw on the dining table*
X: I don’t know what to draw.
A: It’s so Indonesian!!

Y: What do you want to drink?
A: I want hooot tea, please.
Y: Okay, one haaaat tea.
A: Yeah, hooot tea.
Y: Haaat tea.

A: *sending DM* Ewww... I made a mistake. I booked Eurotel Bulacan instead of Eurotel Araneta. I thought there's only one Eurotel in Quezon. Is Bulacan far from Gateway?
X: *replying DM* Yes, very var.

*at SM Mall, in snack area*
Y: *speaking Tagalog* *seems explaining about product discount*
A: *nodding*
- few minutes later –
X: *speaking Tagalog* *seems explaining about product discount*
A: *smiling*
- few minutes later –
Z: *speaking* *seems explaining about product discount*
A: I’m sorry?
Z: *speaking* *seems explaining about product discount*
A: Can you explain it in English?
Z: I’M SPEAKING IN ENGLISH, MA’AM.
A: *dead white*
Z: Where do you come from, Ma’am?
A: *preparing the answers. Malaysia? Cambodia? Vietnam? Bhutan?*
Z: Where do you come from, Ma’am?
A: *nervous* Indonesia.
Z: …..
A: *faint*

A is always me.

2 comments:

  1. seriously the funniest story i heard!! i was lmao when i read this even when I have heard you telling me story directly:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I take that as a compliment :p

    ReplyDelete